Important news for the Doki Doki 2016 Cosplay Competition.
We are running a Cosplay Championship and an open Cosplay Masquerade.
The 'Doki Doki Cosplay championships' is sign ups beforehand. This will last for 45-1 hour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a cosplay form.
The remaining 30 mins of the Cosplay slot is the Doki Doki Open Masquerade which is sign up on the day. The Masquerade is open to everyone and all kinds of cosplay bought or made.
The basic rules for the Cosplay Championship only are as follows:
- Legal weapons/prop (see below)
- 2 min or less skit/performance
- 80% of the costume must be made by entrant, if not anything not made by them must be disclosed on form.
- Music provided beforehand
- Age 16+
• Firearms – this includes BB guns, cap guns, paintball and pellet guns.
• Bladed metal or wooden weapons such as axes, daggers, hatchets, knives and swords, pocket blades, and ninja stars.
• Bokken- a type of hard wooden (or toughened plastic) training sword.
• Projectile weapons of any kind is not permitted.
• Explosives and chemical weapons – this includes firecrackers and pepper spray.
• Protruding nails or other sharp items.
• Heavy gas canisters.
• Blunt weapons – wooden or metal bats, clubs, brass knuckles, mallets, martial arts weapons, whips, golf clubs and paddles.
• Large Items that will cause issues in crowds. If it is a large item we can hold on to this for photo opportunities and the cosplay competitions.
At the discretion of security and staff, the following may be permitted:
• Toy guns that look to be 100% toys and cannot fire anything; cannot be possibly confused with a real weapon.
• Plastic and metal shields (metal shields must demonstrate no sharp edges).
• Lightweight plastic, lightweight wood, PVC props; must be clearly and visibly a prop.
• Bows that are loosely strung and incapable of shooting arrows
• Plastic, cardboard, paper mache or foam props.